World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition welcomes the new term of the Board of Directors
The World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition is pleased to announce the composition of the newly re-appointed Board of Directors for the period of 2022-2025. The renewal of the Board sees five Directors serve another 3-year term, following their roles on the Board of Directors since 2019.
«I am delighted about the continuity our new Board of Directors ensures and their trust in me as the President. It has been an honour to work alongside these committed advocates since 2019, and I look forward to the next three years as we focus on supporting the establishment and growth of bladder cancer patient groups.
Dr Lydia Makaroff, President of the World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition
Our Board of directors brings together a wealth of experience, knowledge and passion for improving the lives of people affected by bladder cancer.
WBCPC Board of Directors (2022-2025):
- Dr Lydia Makaroff – President of the World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition and CEO of Fight Bladder Cancer UK.
- Lori Funk-Cirefice – Vice-President of the World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition and Bladder Cancer Patient Advocate at Association Les Zuros.
- Dr Stephanie Demkiw – (2020-2023) On the Board of Directors of the World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition and co-founder and chair of Bladder Cancer Awareness Australia.
- Ken Bagshaw – On the Board of Directors of the World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition and board member of Bladder Cancer Canada.
- Dr Stephanie Chisolm – On the Board of Directors of the World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition and Director of Education and Advocacy at Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network.
- Allen Knight – On the Board of Directors of the World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition and President of Action Bladder Cancer UK.
The World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition Board of Directors comprises of people diagnosed with bladder cancer, carers of people with bladder cancer or those engaged with bladder cancer organisations in a significant way in their countries.
The Board of Directors and the WBCPC team would like to recognise and thank Andrea Maddox-Smith, CEO of the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN). Andrea was a founding Board Member of WBCPC and former Vice-President of the Board of Directors 2019-2022, whose contribution from the very start has helped grow and strengthen the organisation into the international coalition that it is today.
The Board of Directors and the WBCPC team would like also to recognise and honour Andrew Winterbottom, the founder of Fight Bladder Cancer UK, that died on 31 May 2019 after a diagnosis of bowel cancer in 2018.Andrew’s vision for a global voice and strong support network for people affected by bladder cancer was a foundation on which the World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition continues to grow.
The WBCPC will continue to mobilise and help establish bladder cancer patient organisations across the world to help ensure the best possible outcomes for patients. We invite you to join us in our mission and support our work!