Internship Opportunity – Communications Trainee
This internship is a full-time remunerated position working from home on a full-time basis considering the current circumstances, understanding that office time and external meetings in Brussels will be required in the future when conditions permit.
The organisation is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium.
The World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition (WBCPC) is an international umbrella organisation. The organisation was established in January 2019 by a group of dedicated patient advocates from three major national bladder cancer organisations that saw the need for a global bladder cancer coalition.
Our coalition now brings together 11 patient organisations from four continents, uniting bladder cancer patient organisations’ vision and goals to ensure the best possible outcomes for bladder cancer patients across the world. This coalition constitutes the first time that people affected by bladder cancer have a force connecting bladder cancer patients, groups, and organisations worldwide.
Every day we are working towards ensuring the best information, support, and care are available to every person affected by bladder cancer, no matter where they live in the world. We are looking for a talented and ambitious candidate to help us achieve that goal!
Key responsibilities and activities
- Create and manage social media campaigns, including the development of social media messages and create graphic design elements. (GIFs, images, etc.)
- Support the production of all communication outputs, including press releases, blog posts, newsletter content.
- Contribute to the development of the communications strategy.
- Support WBCPC member organisations with their social media strategy.
- Develop new ideas and identifying creative ways to promote WBCPC activities and support outreach and relationship development.
- Provide communication support for core projects and activities.
- Support website content management.
- Write summaries and articles about WBCPC activities and other relevant events.
- Support the Executive Director with other communications activities.
- Provide administrative support for the organisation.
- Support coordination with partner organisations, relevant stakeholders and maintaining an external contact database.
Skills, qualifications and personal attributes
- University-level education in communications or related field, OR equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English. (written and spoken) – verbal and written fluency in French is a plus.
- Skills and willingness to build a skill set in communications, graphic design, data management and/or public relations.
- Competence with software applications. (Microsoft 365, project and content management applications etc.)
- Commitment to WBCPC values and mission objectives.
- Interest in the field of health, public health and non-communicable diseases, including cancer.
- A strong interest in learning about organisational aspects of international patient organisations/non-profit organisations.
- Experience in communications projects, either professionally or as part of academic education.
- Fluency in other UN working languages is highly preferred. (Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish in particular)
- Good knowledge of Adobe Suite programs.
A remunerated, 6-month convention d’immersion professionnelle training contract in a young and dynamic organisation and opportunity to take on responsibility, learn and grow professionally.
The selected candidate is expected to start by the October 1st, 2021, at the latest.
The internship package includes:
- Gross allowance of €1100
- Luncheon vouchers (value €8 per working day)
All candidates must already have the right to live and work in Belgium. We are not able to offer financial assistance to relocate to Brussels.