WBCPC joins the ECO-ASCO Special Network on the Impact of the War in Ukraine on Cancer
The World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition joins efforts with the European Cancer Organisation and American Society of Clinical Oncology their members, partners and patient groups to share experience, contacts and intelligence in support of cancer patients affected by the war in Ukraine.
Following discussions with the World Health Organisation, EU Commission and the new ASCO–ECO Ukraine Steering Committee, the ECO Board and ASCO have created a new Special Network on the Impact of the War in Ukraine on Cancer.
The Special Network will work on to:
- Create a community for sharing of intelligence, experience and contacts
- Provide an information hub of resources and links in national languages, signposting and amplifying work being done for Ukrainian patients
- Gather intelligence to inform our advocacy work on the issue with the WHO and EU
- Co-ordinate, communicate and connect organisations and people within the Network
- Evolve over time, identifying and addressing needs with other organisations
Coordinated information for cancer patients and healthcare professionals is available at www.onco-help.org
If you are aware of other work that would be helpful including in national languages that we can signpost to, or would like further information about this Special Network, please get in touch with us at email@example.com or directly with the European Cancer Organisation at: firstname.lastname@example.org.