Job opportunity – Project Coordinator
We are looking to hire a Project Coordinator to join our young and dynamic organisation. This is project management, and project development focused role, as the Project Coordinator would lead several core annual projects and contribute to the development of deliverables. The Project Coordinator would also support the Executive Director on activities to further the organisation’s mission objectives.
The Project Coordinator would be reporting to the Executive Director, with an estimated time allocation for:
Project management and development – 70%
Other responsibilities – 30%
Every day we are working towards ensuring the best information, support and care are available to every person affected by bladder cancer no matter where they live in the world. We are looking for a talented and ambitious candidate to help us achieve that goal!
Key responsibilities and activities
Coordination and development of core projects
- Lead the coordination and implementation of core projects in the annual work plan.
- Ensure timely delivery of core project’s materials and deliverables, tracking and reporting on project progress, reporting on results and evaluation.
- Contribute to the development of project’s deliverables, together with the Executive Director and, where relevant, external consultants.
- Coordinate the work of external consultants or external partners relating to the delivery of core projects.
- Identify opportunities to promote, build partnerships and improve projects.
- Carry out background research relevant to existing and future potential projects.
- Organise and coordinate project-related meetings and ensure timely and effective follow-up.
- Research and planning of effective and engaging content ideas.
- Coordinate and develop a monthly newsletter.
- Manage website operations, content coordination, and support content development.
- Lead the information and resource development to populate the website and implementation of translations.
- Monitor and document developments in key regions/countries and work closely with the Executive Director to support engagement opportunities with key stakeholders.
- Support internal and external communication activities of the organisation.
- Attend relevant external events and meetings and draft brief reports.
- Support the engagement and capacity building of member organisations.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders on new initiatives to support WBCPC mission objectives.
- Support the Executive Director in developing proposals for new partnerships and initiatives
- Provide administrative support for the organisation.
Tasks and core responsibilities are not exhaustive and are subject to change depending on the needs of the organisation.
Skills, qualifications and personal attributes
- University-level education, ideally in a relevant field such as project management, communications, business administration, public health etc.
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience, ideally in a non-governmental organisation and/or consultancy.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English (written and spoken) – verbal and written fluency in French is a plus.
- Solid ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proven capacity to coordinate projects in an effective and accountable manner, including time management, project planning and reporting.
- Capability to take the initiative, plan, and work independently while being a strong and dependable team player.
- Competence with software applications (Microsoft 365, project and content management applications etc.)
- Ability to explain complex issues simply, concise and clear for diverse audiences.
- Cultural awareness and familiarity serving international populations.
- Solution-oriented critical thinking capacity, with excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Commitment to WBCPC values and mission objectives
- Basic understanding of global public health policy environment.
- Fluency in other UN working languages is highly preferred.
- Experience in public health and health policy and advocacy, whether at country, EU or international level.
- Demonstrated experience planning and implementing multi-country and/or multi-stakeholder campaigns and projects.
- Experience planning international events (physical and virtual).
- Good knowledge of Adobe Suite programs.
Open-ended (CDI) full-time position in a young and dynamic organisation and opportunity to take on responsibility and grow professionally.
The employment package includes:
- A monthly gross salary of €2,500 – 2,900 depending on experience. (13.92 x per year)
- 25 days of annual leave (+10 flexible public holidays)
- Hospitalisation and ambulatory health insurance with dental cover
- Pension scheme for employees
- Laptop and mobile phone + subscription
- Luncheon vouchers (value €8 per day)
- A range of Sodexo extra-legal benefits
- Teleworking allowance
- Fair measures in place to ensure recovery of extra hours worked in busy periods.
All candidates must already have the right to live and work in Belgium. We are not able to offer financial assistance to relocate to Brussels.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit an application via email to email@example.com with a subject line “Project Coordinator Application – [Your First Name and Surname]”
In your application, please include the following:
- Cover letter in English of no more than two A4 pages, clearly displaying your motivation and your suitability for the role. Please include your earliest start date availability. (Note: please save the document using filename Lastname_Firstname_cover)
- CV in English of no more than two A4 pages. Whilst references are not required at this stage, please consider them as you will be asked to provide references if you are invited for an interview. (Note: please save the document using filename Lastname_Firstname_CV)
The deadline for applications is 12:00 CET on 14 January 2021.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.